Although summer is fast approaching and most would prefer to use refreshing cold water in the shower, it’s still important for households to have hot water when they want or need it. Hot water is essential in maintaining comfort and convenience in your home, especially when it comes to cleanliness. Therefore, if you experience a disruption in your hot water supply, make sure to address it right away.
Hot water repairs, Melbourne plumbers say, should be immediately carried out by professionals, particularly for the following situations:
- You turn on the tap for hot water and there are chunky particles that come out along with the water. The sediments may be easy to strain, but that’s a clear indication that your water heater needs to be thoroughly cleaned. Plumbers will need to inspect the unit carefully to see if there are corroded elements that need some “scrape cleaning” or may actually require replacement parts.
- Hot water from your taps and showerheads smell and taste strongly metallic; this could mean that there are iron bacteria in the water and it would not be safe to consume or use for cleaning.
- Water leaks from the water heater. These demand immediate attention from the professionals; they will determine whether making repairs will still be able to salvage the unit, or it’s already time to purchase a replacement because corrosion inside the tank has already damaged the internal walls of the unit, hence the leakage.
- The water heater’s too noisy. A low humming sound is normally created by the unit as it runs; however, if the noises are like mini explosions of the internal components of the unit, call in a plumber. There may be a thick build-up of minerals and scale that’s causing the unit to overwork.
- Water temperature is inconsistent. This is a clear sign that your hot water source needs to be checked; something certainly is wrong with the unit and a knowledgeable plumber is the only who can determine the true issue and correct it.
Most water heaters are durable and demand very little maintenance, but like any old machine, they’re also prone to breakage especially with frequent use. Water heaters are not cheap, so if you wish to avoid the high cost of replacing the unit you have, the moment you experience any of the cited situations here, you better call in your trusted plumber. They can carry out appropriate repairs and restore your home’s proper working order.